Close Menu

Forum

Percent of Same-Sex-Couple Households / Politics & Current Events / Gay Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 23, 2019 5:31:PM

cjinlakeview

Percent of Same-Sex-Couple Households

San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Top Census Bureau Table for Percent of Same-Sex-Couple Households   https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cnsnewscom … t-same-sex

#2 Nov 23, 2019 8:03:PM

funnel

Re: Percent of Same-Sex-Couple Households

This author over-utilizes the word "thus".  It's basically fake news/statistics based  on how many folks answered whatever rando questionnaire to compile the data.  bleh.  next.

#3 Nov 24, 2019 2:37:AM

homodada

First mistake: using CNS News as source for ANYTHING.
They make Fox News look like the fucking BBC.
Their far-right agenda is openly displayed on every single page on their site. This is near the bottom the page;

“CNSNews Reader,
The liberal media are terrified of the truth, especially when it leads to uncomfortable questions about their own leftist worldview.
CNSNews covers the stories that the liberal media are afraid to touch. It drives the national debate through real, honest journalism — not by misrepresenting or ignoring the facts.”

Ummm… what?

According to this truly slanted and defective survey, The City of Chicago (my home) only has 1.2% same-sex households.
I live in one of the straightest, family-oriented neighborhoods in the city, and I can well assure you that there are MANY times more LGBTs living here with me. And we have several different “gayborhoods” that are MANY, MANY, MANY times more queer than mine.

What are they trying to say? That since there are really so few LGBTQs that we don’t deserve equal treatment?
And if there are so few of us, why are they SO AFRAID that we’re taking over the nation?

This survey is pure bullshit.
I’m not quite sure what the O/P was trying to say by posting it, unless they just wanted us to read something for a good laugh.
Which I did.

Last edited by homodada (Nov 24, 2019 2:41:AM)

#4 Nov 24, 2019 3:59:PM

publicjerker

I don't disagree with the statement about the liberal media, although I think it's overstated. The same problem exists with conservative media. IMO, the reality is they both pander to their base. People who a) believe the same as the source material and b) are not willing and/or able to change their opinion or point of view. Stated another way, if someone uses the same source of information over and over on a daily basis they will become indoctrinated and inculcated to a nearly zombie state of mind. Whether it's FOX, MSNBC, CNN, BBCNews, etc. Variety keeps the mind fresher and sharper and allows soneone to think for themselves. smile

#5 Nov 25, 2019 5:08:AM

homodada

I'm all for getting your news from various sources, but nowadays the "liberal media" is pretty much almost any legitimate news source (with fact-checkers) that Trump doesn't like. He fears honest, complete reporting because it's bad for his ratings, which is all he really cares about. "Fake News" is shorthand for "anything that makes Trump look bad." Aka: "truth." We are currently living in a ridiculous world right now.

#6 Nov 25, 2019 8:30:AM

publicjerker

Absolutely true about Trump. I'm convinced he lives in a reality all his own. And so it's clear, I've always thought this about him, even back to his pre-Apprentice days. But I also feel that MSNBC skews everything to an extreme liberal pov and Fox News skews it in the other direction.